We are looking for a full-time and part-time Maître d’ to join our team at HIX Soho.
The ideal person will be friendly and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to stay calm and positive in a pressured environment.
- Welcoming and seating guests
- Effectively managing reservations during service to maximise covers whilst always striving to accommodate guests’ requests
- Managing and booking telephone and email reservations / dealing with event enquiries
- Communicating with the Head Chef and Restaurant Managers on all booking activity / guest information
Experience in a similar role and a strong command of spoken and written English is essential. Knowledge of OpenTable an advantage. This is a great opportunity to work with chef, restaurateur and food writer Mark Hix, who has restaurants in London and Dorset, all serving the best of British seasonal produce.
In return for your hard work, we are offering a competitive London wage and staff benefits to include:
– Up to 50% staff discount across all HIX restaurants
– 28 days holiday rising by 1 day per year to 33 days
– Staff food (AM & PM)
– Childcare vouchers
– Recruitment initiative up to £750
All applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Because we receive a lot of applications we’re simply not able to reply to all of them directly. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks, that means your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.